Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller Drive bearings

Simpleton7016

I am restoring a couple of these old style tiller drives back to as good of condition as possible. These are real stubborn boogers to get apart by the way. Whew!! Anyway, I got them apart and have them all electroysis'd and rust-proofed. Though the bearings are in pretty good condition, I like to replace my "e-bay" items with new hardware and bearings and gobs of anti-seize. Does anyone have a source for these particular bearings? I have pulled apart a lot of implements, but have never come across these before. Also, does anyone know off the top of their heads what length belt(s) these take?
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/Tillerdrive.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/Tillerbearing.jpg[/img]

My local farm & home supply (Orcheln) has them but they're chinese, I think they're about $15. Tractors Supply Co might also have them. Genuine Fafnirs were over $30 from a bearing supplier, I think, been a while since I looked into it.

Thanks guys....I plan to rebuild a snowthrower this summer, so if these do turn out to be the same, it may be wise to purchase a bunch of 'em. Of course, if I pull apart my snowthrower now, we will get that April blizzard that we seem to be burdened with every 4 or 5 years.

The bearing is a CSA 205-16. It has cylindrical O.D. instead of a spherical O.D. http://www.bearingoutlet.com/products/mounted/inserts/csa/index.htm

dang, they don't take paypal. That means wifey is gonna have to learn of this purchase. Great price though...gonna buy 4 right away in prep for the snowblower rebuild.

The bearing for the tiller PTO is 105173 and supercedes to 2173934SM. The blower bearing is 106732 and supercedes to the same 2173934SM number.

Hey Erik, you said they were tough to get out. Just for future reference, what method did you use to remove the bearings and what would you advise? Thanks.

[url]www.thebigbearingstore.com[/url] Got all my tiller bearings there. and there cheap too! paid $6 a piece for mine. great store. and a trusted one too. FAST SHIPPING TOO! :D:D Hope that helps you! Mike

Yeah, I went to Farm and Fleet today...they only had the self-aligning ones.... To the internet I go I reckon'.

• 2 weeks later...
Ray, NAPA also can get them. $11- and change. By the time you pay shipping and handling it's a draw. I gave them Fafnir number <RA100NPP>.

I went to napa saturday and they were $13.57 not in stock. I went to 6 places in two towns and no luck. I will order them on line. :)

Larry how long before they can get you one. If it is a day or so you are still better off in a sense as they are getting more and more into L & G parts. For me it is a two block walk.