Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The 4041 finished except hood decals

Time1992

Well the story comes to an end (Almost). It took 4 months or so but it was a labor of love. This really helped me keep my sanity or what was left of it while going through my divorce. Waiting on hood decals. I really wanted the big lugs but cant afford just yet. Thanks guys for all your help, support and advice !! Some before and after. Tim

Tim, congrats on a super job. That is one nice looking tractor. Been thru a div myself, it sure can be nice to have something like your project that you have some control over. Plus you can ride your tractor any time you want :D

Now that's something to be proud of!dOd This was your first wasn't it? The finished project looks more like you're an old pro.8D Now, what's next?:D

Yes it was my first, I dont know whats next but I really enjoyed this one, maybe I can sell it and pay for a couple more projects. I really learned alot. When I started it my plan was to give it back to my then now ex father in law but the big D changed all that. Tim

Tim what did you use on your gas tank... did you spray with with some of that Krylon Fusion paint (the stuff that's supposed to bond to plastic? Looks great.

quote:
Originally posted by OrangeMetalGuy
Tim what did you use on your gas tank... did you spray with with some of that Krylon Fusion paint (the stuff that's supposed to bond to plastic? Looks great.
Plastic?? Fuel tanks on the Powermax sized tractors are all metal. Nice looking job there. If you plan on using it much you may want to get the engine heat shields and battery heat shield in place. Are you planning on replacing the grill screen? Wish I could get my paint to gloss like that.

very nice machine you should be proud of that one let us know when you get her complete would love to see her in complete restoration

Wow nice work, looks beautiful. Hang in there with the big D, having a hobby helped me too during the "dark years".