Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

e-bay scam

Simpleton7016

Sounds odd to me too. I wonder if his ebay account got hijacked? It gives his name and address on the info when he pays. Have him pay via paypal and then google the number or address. Of course he could have changed it. Whenever I sell something on craigslist or evay and someone wants thier stuff shipped by the mover it has been a scam. This ended on 3-29 so I put 3 days to pay on my auctions. You can do a non paying bidder on the 7th or 8th. Methinks you will find out on that day ;~)

Give him 5 days to pay then relist the tractor you will only be out your listing fee.Accept paypal only ,no money orders.

Over seas money order not for me.:O I would say it is a scam, contact Ebay about him. Then in about 3 day put him as a non payer and leave bad feed back.

Ask Ebay for the buyers contact information which will include a phone number so you can talk to him direct. Also check his feedback which will also give you an idea if this guy is legit. If things don't look right then file a non paying bidder complaint with Ebay.

Erik, Definately a scam. I would not accept any type of shipping unless the bidder contacted me before bidding on the auction and then I would want the money in hand for a week before anything could be picked up. Sell it to the next highest bidder. He's only $5 less. Tom

Go to this ebay address and fill in the blanks and it will give you all of his info. [url="http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/AdvSearch?sofocus=bs&sacat=-1&catref=C5&fbd=1&_trksid=m37&from=R6&nojspr=y&fswc=1&fss=0&saslop=1&fls=4&floc=1&sargn=-1&saslc=0&salic=1&saatc=1&sadis=200&fpos=05855&sacur=0&sacqyop=ge&sabfmts=0&saobfmts=exsif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saaff=afdefault&fsop=2&fsoo=2&fcl=3&frpp=200&sofindtype=9&pfid="]EBAY Find Contact Information[/url] Don't let anything go until any transaction check or money order has cleared the bank. What is an "ill money order"? The State of IL issuing money orders? Cash talks script walks.

Tell him you sold it locally for 200 more, I bet he matchs it and asked you to cash his check for a grand more and send him the restsm00 I had a guy play with me on a kubota I wanted. Price was too good to be true on Craigslist. He wanted to go thru "Ebay escrow service" I played for a week telling him that I was paying off a 401k loan, then on the faithfull day told him I was 1100 short and could he borrow me the 1100 and I will mail him an extra 100 for his trouble when I get the loan...He agreed, you know this is a scam. He asked for my address, I told him mail it to ebay escow services, I use them too...but put it attention to thier Guam office:D Funny, never heard from him again!:D

I am an avid listener of Clark Howard and he states hat fraudulent Money orders and Bank checks can take up to 4 weeks to clear and by then the scammer is gone with your money, so be very careful.

All they need to do is an out of state bank and alter a routing number and it circles in the system. 4 weeks is slim and none but 2 weeks to maybe 3 weeks if the weekends fall right is possible. Clark has some good info...

Definitely a scam, Anyone who talks about you paying a shipping company is a scam. A friend got an offer for his boat and they wanted to send him a cashiers check for 5 grand more than his boat. He reported it to the FBI and they said they could not do anything about it.

My wife tried to advertise her childcare services on craigs for a couple months. 5 different times we were emailed by people claiming to be from the UK coming into the area for a buisiness trip. Paid big check way over the asking amount(4200 instead of 700) and cashiers check. One sent a money order. Then they told us to wire the remainder to an "agent". I had my doubts but we took the hard copies to the bank fraud department and all were fake. As a policy I never write out remainder checks, especially before authentication. Now, we don't use craigs for anything that cannot be cash/local or ongoing(trustworthy). I did have an ebay account hacked once. They wouldn't admit to it, but I was notified I won a child's playpen when I didn't even bid on it. The seller let me retract at least.

Sounds exactly like a scam. See them on a daily basis. I get the idea this is a computer generated email/scam, most likely being generated by a person in some other country than stated. There is quite the issue with spelling and grammar. Definetly, don't like the hearing of "I am in eastern Europe now." He also states that he will pickup the tractors, but gives a shipping company. Then states they will pickup the tractor. This is the reason e-bay has quit allowing money orders and cashiers checks. I would say if you have not been paid by now, report him as a non-paying bidder and also report him as a potential fraud. make sure they see the emails. Ebay is usually very cooperative with these types of issues. Let them notify the authorities. Anytime I sell anything on E-bay I will not accept anything but paypal or cash in my hand the second you pick things up. I wont even let the buyer think about having a tractor shipped.

You should be able to go to "MY EBAY" to check any massages sent to you via ebay. I always check there when I get an email from ebay that I am not sure of it's authenticity. Tom

Tell him everything looks good and that you only ship thru ebays escrow and shipping service. Send me your address ;~)

If he hacked into someones ebay there is a chance he hacked into their paypal. My buddy sold some comercial lights for 600 and paypal took the money from him 6 months later??? The credit card was contested. The owner claimed that he idi not notice it for 6 months (may have been 5) Anything is possible. That is a conundrum...sm00

Keep the tractor. He has sent you fraudulent ebay emails. That should tell you something. When Ebay sends an email or some one replies to an email a copy is posted to your ebay account that you can access on you summery page. "Important note: Regimantas Rimkevicius has provided an unconfirmed address." This should also ring bells. Ebay emails "Respond now" feature does not require a password and user name to respond. I would refuse the PayPal payment. Remember "Possession is 99% of the law" and you have it in your possession and you have not accepted his money. Which is your right with so many issues and unanswered questions at hand.

Be careful. If you take the money, don't deliver the merchandise and try to sell it again, who looks like the scammer?

My daughter sold a bike on e-bay to some jerk in Africa, he sent a cashiers check for 5,000 dollars for a 100 dollar bike with the request she send the remainder to some Doctor in England. She toke it to the bank and they said it looked good,but she told them to really check it out good and they discovered it was a phony. If she had sent the money to England she would have to pay the bank back even tho they first said it was good. She turned it over to the police they told her to forget it and frame the check and hang it on the wall as a reminder.

Email him in broken englis he knee to juse ebay shipting servace. It is zafest vay to zend it:D Heck, google his name and see if he appears. The thing with paypal is if you ever use a credit card they can go after it. If you ever give them financial info like a checking account they can go after it. They may even have a piggyback rule where if your name appears on your wifes account they may be able to access it, albeit difficult. Stall the pickup. Was it by credit card or e-check?

I did a google.ca search and the name you gave, Regimantas Rimkevicius, comes up as a Lithuanian person , but very little info .

Around here there is an old saying, "play with fire and......" Remember this, "What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive." This guy has spun a web with many angles, be careful not to get caught in one of his parlors. larry

Erik, Cancel the payment. Do not accept it. Then explain to him that he did not read your ebay auction where it says no shipping so his winning bid has been nulled and voided. You clearly stated no shipping in your auction so it is his fault for what he did. Also, you said you relisted it before he sent your payment so your in the right with that also. Make sure you keep copies of his emails and the dates and send them to ebay to dispute it before he starts complaining to ebay. Also, contact Pay Pal and explain that you are not accepting his payment due to the fact he is not picking up the item. Let him deal with getting his money back from Pay Pal, just don't spend his money. Tom