Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sleeve hitch

bigtenboy65

hello all, i am going to be building a sleeve hitch in my welding and electricity class. i was wondering if the lift chain hooks the actual sleeve hitch or to the implement? how tall should the peice of tube be for the pin? is the peice of tube to be taller than the metal peice its welded to? does anybody have a scematic of one that you could upload? thanks for the help guys

On the old style hitch the chain connects to the implement. There are several diagrams of the new style hitch in Tech Tips and Commonly asked questions there might even be one for the old style.

What do those bolts on both sides of the sleeve part do? My sleeve hitch has those 2 big bolts and I have ben wondering what they do for the longest time.

i started to work on it a little in flex(free time at end of day) i cut out the peice the runs down the middle and cut a little of the end peice with the plasma cutter, thanks for the help