Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
UCD

AC 314D

UCD
I picked this up today for $75 for a friend and fellow member in Maine. It will travel to its new home in Maine latter this spring. Engine was running mowing lawn and just quit running no spark.

UCD
It was 3 miles from my place. It was listed last fall. It was being sold by someone for the owner. My friend couldn't make a deal with him then. It got listed this spring for more money and my friend asked me to try. I couldn't deal with person selling it. I Found the owner and I know him so dealt I with him.

Simpleton7016
I have a parts tractor here with your name on it....maybe a good time to make a road trip and meet some midwest members? Use club funds and rent a bus like John Madden - the Maynard Express! Me and Bob will set up a tour of the Simplicity plant just like Kent got a few years back! :D...well, almost the same.

Chris727
quote:
Originally posted by gearhead19
What a steal!!, I see that kohler has the breakerless ignition, I see a points conversion in your future..
Are the breakerless systems problematic?

Chris727
quote:
Originally posted by gearhead19
Chris my local parts man told me the " K " series electronic ignition components are n.l.a.:( Dan
I think he is wrong, all too often we are told things are NLA because nobody wants to take the time to look them up. Go to Jacks and type in # 236826S, it still shows them as a current part, they are about $120 now. Check ebay, theres and NOS one on right now.

gearhead19
You're Right Chris, Both the coil($119.03) and the trigger #A-237339-S ($137.69) Are still available. I agree with you on thee parts guys, It seems as if they cant find what you're looking for in 3 keystokes or less, it shifts them to "crisis" mentality!! Dan