Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

BGB reinforcements- 7116

Simpleton7016

I am ingesting ideas for reinforcing the BGB area in preperation for a loader. I plan to really work this puppy and don't want her breaking in two. I would love to see some photos or schematics of some ideas y'all have come up with.... Thanks in advance, Erik

Think if you ran a plate of steel along the frame from infront of the BGB back to the bolts that bolt the tranny to the plate you's buypass a lot of the stress the bgb takes the way they are.

• 2 weeks later...
I spent over an hour last night attempting to perform an archive search to find the post from the thedaddycat. I had no success b/c it kept timing out. Kirk joined the club in 2002 and disappeared in 2005. I tried at least two dozen variations narrowing the scope of my search to 1 year (calender year 2002, then 2003, then 2004 etc), with the author being thedaddycat, keyword "BGB" first and later keyword "loader". I searched in just "Tractor Discussions" and later just "show and tell". Not a single search ended in anything other then "error, operation timed out". If someone knows where Kirk's post might be found, could you shoot it to me? Further, can someone else perform just one of the searches I performed above and see if you get anything different? It was no more than a year ago that I could type in keyword "Loader" and nothing else and get a sting of hundreds of posts in all forums. Now, I can not get even one in even the most limited of scopes. I am thinking it has to be on my end b/c I am the only one that seems to be having these difficulties. Thanks in advance...

Erik - I gave up even trying to search the archives. I mostly receive time-outs and when I get something, the results are questionable. Not only with the archives, but I am having a lot of slow page loading problems. Maybe these are related problems. I know someone asked about slow loads a while ago and there was a suggestion that it was a problem with the browser. There was a suggestion to check the "page loaded time" in the lower left corner of the page. Any difference in the time posted and the actual time that it took to display on your computer was attributable to the browser. Well, when I loaded this post today, it took 83 seconds:

I really think there are other problems with the site that are causing the problems. I have had many slow load problems (from multiple computers)over the past few weeks. Glen

Erik - It will be worth your while to find this long posting by Daddycat. He gave very detailed instructions on how to build the support plates you want. Tom

Erik, Link is to one of thedaddycat's posts on how he reinforced the frame at the BGB. As I recall there were several more but this will get you started. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=9666&SearchTerms=BGB%2Creinforcement Do searches with "thedaddycat" as the author and check-mark "search the archives". Also match the search dates to the the appropriate time span. Hope this helps.

Way to go Roy! I LOVE retired guys! No Brokeback tractor or anyhting quite that extreme, but I just love 'em! :D I found another and am posting it here: [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=9173[/url] I did not find any schematics however, but there is plenty to go off of here. No one knows what ever came of Kirk? I think he is still a paid member. Maybe he has just taken a few years off to build the mother of all implements! :D I don't know that I ever crossed paths with his posts, but what a genious! Is it possible to house these in the "Tech Tips" section?

Was it Kirk that had the tow-truck looking trator? He mounted an engine hoist to the back of a tractor, does anyone remember that post? jh

PS- I found part of the problem with the search engine. The problems are in using a "search term". If i leave the search term blank and just search for a certain member, the posts come up almost immediately....and lots of them. But if you ad a term like "sickle" or "loader", etc....then I get timed out no matter how narrow I make all the other search criteria. Just FYI.

Erik - If you tak on this project, you could likely sell a good number of copies. Even just the BGB bolt support plate would be a great addition to all our tractors - as well as pretty inexpensive. I know that I would pay for one! Tom