Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dwag

Home lite 989 tiller

dwag
Got a Wards Squire 10 which I use with a Home Lite mdl 989 rear mounted tiller. (works great) Only see grease zerks on tiller. Was wondering what is in tiller drive/gear box? Belt drive? chain drive? Am I missing any thing on maintenance? Wher can I get a manual? Thanks, John

MPH
Scored one a few years ago that still had all the paint on the tines. Took it apart just to check the grease, well, after 40 or so years of sitting it was mighty hard and stuck to the lowest point, think it's a good idea to pull them down and change it.

dwag
quote:
Originally posted by RayS
They are chain driven. You can get a manual at the link below. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/index.cfm?rd=1
Thank You for your reply. Didn't see a manual for my tiller in the listings on link. Am I not reading it right? John

dwag
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Scored one a few years ago that still had all the paint on the tines. Took it apart just to check the grease, well, after 40 or so years of sitting it was mighty hard and stuck to the lowest point, think it's a good idea to pull them down and change it.
Thank You for your reply. Rather than take tiller apart, I'm tempted to drill a hole in gear hsg, tap and plug after adding some gear lube? John