Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TOMT

HELP!!! -3210V

TOMT
JUST REBUILT(NEW PISTON & RINGS-USED ADVICE FROM THE MEMBERS & HAVE .003-.004" CLEARANCE BETWEEN PISTON & CYLINDER) THE 10HP ENGINE ON THIS UNIT & INSTALLED A NEW COIL WITH THE IGNITION MODULE. I HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS; 1- I BELIEVE THE GENERATOR FUNCTION IS NOT WORKING. I PERFORMED THE TESTS SUGGESTED IN THE EXCELLENT WRITEUPS BY AL. ALSO HAVE EMAILED HIM FOR FURTHER INFO WITH REGARD TO THE COST INVOLVED TO REWIND, ETC. 2- THE TRACTOR STARTS OK BUT AFTER A SHORT RUN IS SEEMS TO "LOAD-UP" & STALL.IT WILL RESTART BUT THEN STALLS AGAIN.I HAD THE CARB OFF BUT DID NOT TOUCH IT DURING THE OVERHAUL.SEEMS LIKE I MIGHT HAVE READ THAT A DEFECTIVE STARTER-GEN CAN CAUSE OVERLOADING. 3- SEEMS TO BE GAS ON LOWER BOWL OF CARB. POSSIBLE COMING FROM AROUND THROTTLE SHAFT. MOWING SEASON IS APPROACHING & I NEED TO GET THE "OLE" GIRL HUMMING!! ANY & ALL HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, TOMT

JeffNemes
Did you install the B&S solid state Magnetron? If gas leaks while sitting you need to repair the carb. Did you happen to check the final ring gap?