Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

vickers hydro lever

Chris727
I have noticed that the HB's and the 3400 series with vickers hydros have an extra handle on the speed control lever. Is this some sort of locking mechanism to hold your speed? I have a 416H and its handle is more like a sunstrand or 6 speed style lever, it seems to hold speed on its own, there is no locking mechanism in place. I looked at the 400 series parts breakdown and it shows the extra handle just the same as on the HB's. I assume I'm missing it, but is it that important? Thank You. -Chris

firefoxz1
Yes. that locks a little ball against the quadrant(?) without it the handle can move. If you look at the quadrant you can see an indent where the ball rides for reverse and nuetral with no locking effect but when the handle is moved to forawd it will wedge onto the quadrant unless the release lever is pulled. I have a problem on my 3410H where the locking/release lever is worn and won't lock the ball so it will eventually move itself back to nuetral. I bought a used handle so now I just have to install it this spring.