Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spring photo shoot

dentwizz

I just got the snow equipment off and the mowing equipment back on:D So much lighter.

I just repainted the black parts last week.

For the discussion about FS decals data decals.

Ooooh, pretty!dOd BTW, I meant the tractor and the yard. I don't have either that look worth a darn.:Q

I feel for ya man. I used to live on an island in the Pacific(Guam). Winter is a drag. Makes you appreciate the warm months. Back on the island it was 70 deg at night and the rain was 80 deg. It was the only place I have lived where you could be a groundskeeper year round and make a decent living of it. Interestingly though, the grass is greener over here where we get winters. Something to do with the cold I suppose. I would still have work if it was winter though. Through a big frontal boundary that moved through last weekend, we got tornado warnings and massive hail attacks. I work at a body shop where we have(I kid you not) 26,000 cars in one lot. They all got hit with hail and damaged. Some minor but most golf ball sized. The insurance people froze the place till they can assess it all. In the mean time they have given us 1-2 days a week of work. A drag for the budget, but at least the home projects and side jobs are getting done now. My wife doesnt want to let me leave now. :p

Excellent job on the 64LL. What did you use for paint? And was it a rattle can or spray gun application? Looks great in either case!

Spray gun XO Rust with valspar hardner. It is a real pain to work with and takes for ever to dry, but several months later, it is hard and polishes well. In hindsight I would have used valspar all the way, but it came out well in the end. The black is can paint. I didnt have a large ammount of black parts at the time so I just canned it. Much prefer gun if it's feasible though.