Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

540 PTO in use

Jonnysac

Had to load some soy beans today so I used my 540 pto that I just picked up from John. Thanks John!!
[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 004.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 005.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 006.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 007.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 009.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 010.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 011.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 013.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 014.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 015.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 016.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 017.jpg[/img]
I also put a new grill in my AC 620 Thanks to Paul.
[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 001.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Jonnysac/mini-4-8-09 002.jpg[/img]

Yep chris Thats # 2 for me. I like the 540 pto just for fun and yes we use some aeration in the bins. THANKS!

that looks mean as heck! Nice work. Did you custom fab the dual wheel spacers? I didn't think you could splice two 10.5" wheels together....

Love those shots! Dont have real use for my 540 pto now that I no longer farm but its fun to put on and tell folks how its supposed to be used.

I'm curious how it does compare to farm tractor, of much greater HP? Growing up I recall always bumping the throttle to go faster or slower on an auger, silo blower or such on 60 HP and greater tractors, but I can't remember if we only had them near an idle for this kind of work, where I am assuming that the garden tractor might have to run closer to wide open, since you are talking less power. And of course I don't think the garden tractor could handle a silo blower unless it is a pretty short silo.

Judging from the little tube spacer wedged between the dash tower and throttle knob, I'd say it's at or dang near WOT. Excellent pictures!!

Nice having the OEM attachments and be able to get some practicle use out of them. But I'm looking at the grill of that D-21 in the shed. Lets see some more of that wonderfull machine.

I am so happy to see it in use. I had full intention of using it to move wood into the wood shed but never bought an elevator. I just hated to see it sit and go to waste, so I'm very happy now.:D A good home with a purpose in life what more could any man or machine ask for.:) Some day I will tell you the story about the D-21 sold by Cork Implement in Sandusky and how it ended up with an Oliver 7 bottom plow. John

• 4 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• MikeES
    • PRMax9020
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts