Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
DeltaBravo

Pincor Voltmaster generator

DeltaBravo
I saw one at an estate sale, immediately recognizing the briggs horizontal engine. The engine sticker is partially scraped off, but it looks like 9hp, and I don't remember the engine code, but it is a 1967 engine. The generator tag was scraped up also, so I don't know the watt rating. This unit is a two man lugging affair, with the 18" or so handles on each end, rubber feet, no wheels. Anyone know about these units? It is a physcially larger unit than the 6hp video that's all over the place. The cast iron engine sells me, but gen parts availability is another. Supposed to be low hours, aren't they all, but sort of and sort of doesn't have that "past 20 years in the garage corner" look. I'm also thinking about $40 for the unit? Sound about right? It is orange.

BLT
In the last twenty years, the only real thing that has changed it the voltage regultor. As electronics advance, regulators get small and t control voltage quicker. There have been some minute changes in stator and rotor, but the main thing is regulator. Pincor has been around for many years. Sears might have used them before their "love" affair with Generac. Other L&G mfgrs may have used Pincor.