Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
onebadfish

Trailer moving?

onebadfish
I need to be able to move some small trailers around my property with my 7117. The trailers are a utility trailer and a jet ski trailer, no more than 150lbs of tongue weight on either. Is there a way to mount a 2 inch ball higher than the existing mount shown in the picture here which I am sure works great for agarden cart etc but i need a higher mount to keep the bigger trailers more level? Thanks.

onebadfish
quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=150337100041 Bid on this, win it, and you are in business...
Thanks for the quick response, I will check it out. I was wondering if there is any way to raise and lower impliments on the rear of her with the hydraulics? I am looking at a tiler for her tomorrow and was hoping there is a way to raise/lower the hitch or the tiller...I hope these questions don't come off too clueless but I am a total newbie:I

Burntime
Roy that is pretty neat. Does it give a lot with a trailer on it? Wonder if it sways if that makes sense? I have the factory setup and have pulled 21 ft fiberglass searays and it did well. Actually better then my ranger.

HubbardRA
The one I built that is shown by Roy above works great. Not only can I move it up and down with the hydrolift, but the ball is also adjustable in the slot on the hitch. I can set the ball so that the hydrolift will lift any of my trailers, regarless of the height of the hitch. The heaviest load I have moved is my tandem axle trailer with my son's Mustang on it. The hitch does not flex or sway to any noticeable extent.

Roy
Burntime, "Does it give a lot with a trailer on it? Wonder if it sways if that makes sense?" The horizontal piece on the LH side butts against the vertical lift piece to prevent the hitch from pivoting up. The lift keeps it from pivoting down. Sway isn't a problem that I have noticed. Works fine. :) Thanks,

Burntime
Roy, that is really smart. You can pick up a trailer without getting off the seat! I wish you were closer so I could watch you do some of the fab and welding work. It really is incredible!

onebadfish
quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Picture is what I made and use to move trailers.
[img]/club2/attach/Roy/BALLHITCH2.JPG[/img]
This what Rod Hubbard made.
[img]/club2/attach/Roy/RODHUBBARDhitch1.jpg[/img]
There is also the AC/Simplicity OEM hitch but don't have a picture of it.
Thanks all who posted what they have, helps alot, pictures worth well you know...Roy that is awesome...I need to add welding to my resume, nice job.

RayS

Here is a picture of one on ebay. Says that it is rare. I have never seen one in any of Simplicity accessories manuals and it is probably home made. Here is the ebay link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ATTENTION-ANTIQUE-SIMPLICITY-TRACTOR-COLLECTORS-HITCH_W0QQitemZ280332587937QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280332587937&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

onebadfish
[quote]Originally posted by RayS

[img]/club2/attach/RayS/d238_1.jpg[/img]
Here is a picture of one on ebay. Says that it is rare. I have never seen one in any of Simplicity accessories manuals and it is probably home made. Here is the ebay link. Thanks Ray, I must say yours is much prettier but it looks like it would do the trick.