Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Factory installed electric spout rotator

ReedS

I picked up a 42" blower the other day that had an elec spout rotator that I thought was just someone else's fabrication until I saw the painted and oblonged mounting holes which leads me to believe that this was a factory installation.
[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/DSCN1707.jpg[/img]
Was this a factory install and is this fairly common??

I have never heard of them coming that way from the factory, but that is definitely the factory kit. It is a very nice option indeed. Nice score!

As others have said, it's factory. What's odd is that a stationary bearing is still installed in the outer location (manual spout rotation). Looks like a second stationary bearing is laying under the inner location and was recently removed. Is the motor OK? I understand they can be burned out if the wiring is comprised or the switch sticks. Great find. The mfg numbers for the kit is 1690116 (newer) or 990880 (older).

Yes, those are a GM power window motor. If someone really needs numbers, I have info stashed somewhere. Seems like it may be posted elsewhere here in the club forum. If I remember correctly, it is the same motor that say a 4 door A body used in the rear doors - i.e. 4 door rear wheel drive early 1980's Cutlass, Malibu etc.. Tim

Looks to be optional/optional equipment. I didn't know how close I was when I made mine from scrap metal.
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/KSever/rotatorshaft.jpg[/img]

Thanks for all the replies I guess the consensus is that it's a factory install or at least a factory upgrade kit. Bill, I bought this blower just for this option, the blower is IMO beyond help, and I have a 36" blower that is in much better shape that this will get transferred to, so that is why the inner stationary bearing is just lying there. I too felt it was odd that bearing was still in place in the outer location and that is why I was surprised to find the orange paint in the bolt holes because I was thinking that this had been installed by a po. I can confirm that it is a delco motor (another reason I doubted it's factory origins was due to it's having delco on the motor). I am looking forward to next winter now with having this and a complete cab, I'm missing only heat and tunes!:D

I have two extra window regulator motors if any body is interested. Don't know what they came off but all work. They are two wire grounded units.