Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A Freebie Mystery AC

xenon172

We got this today for free which seemed like a good price. All identifying marks are gone and I have been unable to find anything on the engine as far as model or horsepower is concerned. Anybody have an idea what model this might be? Looks like there are a lot of useful parts on it

Don't remember what that round disc on the lift is for but for the price you paid, it was worth bringing it home for that alone, don't see many of them.

Nice find! 2nd picture indicates it had a sickle mower mounted at one time. I'd definitely salvage the clutch pedal guard!

Motor is Yellow, its obviously not a 9hp block like the early B-10's used, Also not a 12 hp because its not black and also doesnt have the front synchrobalancer, so it shouldhas to be a 10hp Big Ten

Engine looks to have had been swapped before but the 3 bolt carb and white lift lever grip would place this at an early B-10.

Ahhh open mouth, insert foot.... I missed the carb and grip. Orange paint fumes must be affecting my visionsm00sm00

quote:
Originally posted by johnmonkey
Cool, what are you going to do with her? jh
Parts tractor for our B10s

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Don't remember what that round disc on the lift is for but for the price you paid, it was worth bringing it home for that alone, don't see many of them.
That is for a sicle bar mower:o)