Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Regent vs Broadmoor Lawn Tractors

MarcM

Can anyone give me any feedback on the Regent tractors compared to the Broadmoors. I am trying to decide if the Regent is a better value for the money than a Broadmoor tractor since I did not want to spend $3000 plus for a tractor. I also do not plan on adding any attachments since I already own a snow blower. My yard is only 1/2 acre with some moderate slopes in the back yard. About 10,000 sq ft of the yard is grass. My main interest in Simplicity is their reputation as well as the cut quality of the free-floating deck. I have not found another manufacturer that has these feature. I would appreciate any and all feedback on this subject. Thanks, PS This is a great site!

From the sound of it the Regent would be the best lawn tractor for you if your not into fixing an older one. I have a fair amount of older tractors but I also have a 2000 Broadmoor which is an excellent lawn tractor in all repects. I compared the Regents with the Broadmoor but there really is alot of difference between the 2. The Broadmoor being a baby like garden tractor in regards to the attachments it can handle but still being a lawn tractor. For the money and your use the regent still will do what you need it to do and you still will have the quality cut and reputation of a Simplicity lawn tractor your looking for at a price it sounds like your looking for. Now if you needed a heavier duty lawn tractor then I would suggest the Broadmoor but no sense in spending $$ for something you don't need. I love all of my older tractors but there still is nothing like owning a new one just to see how well they are not only still designing them but also building them "Simplicity" that is. Best of Luck what ever you decide...just my opinion, >>->happyjack<-<<

If that 10,000 sq. ft. is correct, you only have a 1/4 acre lawn. I think something Regent size should be plenty. Acre is 43,000 sq. ft. Jordan

Thanks McGill, HappyJack, and JordB110 for the feedback. HappyJack, have you mulched with your Broadmoor? If you have were you satified with the results? Anyone else care to chime in with their experience with a Regent? Will the regular Clean Sweep Twin bag catcher be sufficient for the 38" inch deck? The dealer stated that you only need the turbo system on the 44" deck. Would you guys agree with this? I appreciate any and all replies. Marc