Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
mbarcher

Pow'rMax 9020 hydro trans

mbarcher
Hi all I have looked and be darn if I can find this ... I know my 9020 has a Sundstrand hydro trans and pump , but does anyone know what model they came with? The transmission won't set to neutral on the hydro no matter where I adjust it and I noticed the forward/reverse lever on the trans has a fair amount of slop in it. So trying to find model number to see if parts are available or even look at replacing the trans part completely .

UCD
SundStrand Series 15 inline hydrostatic transmission. Testing and repair proceedures are in volume 2 of the Power Max repair manual Simplicity also has a seperate repair manual for the SundStrand series 15 inline hydrostatic unit.

wilm169
Check and see if the rubber bushing in the shift arm is worn out or not. Also if you need parts for the sunstrand 15 on the power max these people have them in stock; http://www.centralhydraulics.biz/hydro_pumps.htm They also have all of the parts for the vickers, and any other hydro you might have even for combines, tractors, detasslers, or any thing.

PeppyDan
quote:
Originally posted by wilm169
Check and see if the rubber bushing in the shift arm is worn out or not. Also if you need parts for the sunstrand 15 on the power max these people have them in stock; http://www.centralhydraulics.biz/hydro_pumps.htm They also have all of the parts for the vickers, and any other hydro you might have even for combines, tractors, detasslers, or any thing.
My Powermax had the exact same problem that you are describing and it was the bushing. I used my metal lathe to make a new one from some plastic I had setting around and it fixed the problems. Dan