Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Not a user friendly plow

xenon172

We found this snow plow not even half an hour away which is something that will round off one of our project tractors. Looking at it, it won't be an easy switch from deck to plow. Aside from the rust it is in really good shape with no real pitting or wear and should clean up nicely. Getting it was an interesting event because we had to pick it up in the rain which is normal for many of our pickups. Shortly after we headed out however the wipers on the truck quit making the ride there and back a little more thrilling. When we got to the owners house the plow was located up on a hill in the (very large) back yard. We had planned ahead and brought a hand truck which was a good idea considering where the plow was located. My partner, Tom a.k.a. Dugo on this board, was the designated hand truck driver for this 200+ pound plow. The hill was rather steep and some of the members here might even call it a cliff so the downhill trip went by quickly. If you watched the videos on tiller racing that FastPaul posted it was sort of like that. No one got hurt but I don't know for sure if some little critters might have been in the way or not. To make a long story short this hard to find item should add to the value of our tractor even though it's not orange.

Xenon172, You forgot to say that you carried all the tools up to "maybe" take apart the unit and carried one of the two come-a-longs. Unfortunetly for Xenon172, we didn't need them. I wish everyone here could've seen Xenon172's "lean on a tree" when he made it to the top of "little Mt Everest" (knowing he did not NEED to be there) LOL!