Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1964 model 700

ravjack

Hello. my name is Jack, My father-in-law asked me to find out about his 1964 model 700 32"deck he wants to sell. It has a snowblower with it. It's in excellint shape, he wants a price he should ask. can anyone help?

There are a lot of things that would have control over what you ask for it or get for it. Condition, wear, paint. Problem is there is no 64 model 700. The 700 series started around 1959 to 62 or so. Then they changed body styles and went to the Landlord models. Try looking through the Simplicity section located on the right side of the drop down tool bar under Simple trACtors. You should be able to scroll through and find a picture of your tractor and help verify it's model. Then with some finner description we may be able to help you more.

I have a 61 700 and my son has a 64 Landlord. I would suspect that with a 32 inch deck, your tractor is either a 700 or 725. A 700 has the steeringwheel sitting fairly close to the hood, and the gearshift is straight. The 725 has a higher steeringwheel and the gearshift lever has a bend in it. The best way to get a date is off the engine number, if it has not been replaced.

OK, It looks like I've got to get more info. We sat at Easter dinner talking about it and he may have been shooting from the hips, He is 80 yrs old. Ya know? after reading some columns here I might think about enquiring the 700 for a restoration job in my shed for me... it'll be a reason to drink some beers on some nights. I just wounder if it would be worth more if I did nothing to it? I'll be back with the RIGHT info.

OK I'm back a week later and have got more info and pic.. The near we can figure is that this tractor is a 1959 with A MFG.# 990168 It has the front PTO and a rear belt drive pulley for attachments, single centered headlight. We have a snow blower attachment with it. The mower deck is 36" he believes. The motor has been rebuilt two time by a dealer, and everything is of great working cond.. This tractor does need a Good pressure washing. It is all of original paint. He want to know what he could get for it, it's value? He wants to list it for sale in our local area, want-ad-digest or craigslist. So if there is someone that can help me with a value number it would be greatly appreciated . thanks, jack

Hello and welcome. I think the largest amount would come from ebay, with a reserve. My guess would be a range between $100.00+ - -$400.00+-. It helps to have all documentation, manuals, receipts etc. If you have the inclination, you should keep it, restore it and become a member (a cheap $10.00) and you can enjoy it. You can a get a 42" deck if you have a larger yard. Good luck. jh

Sounds to me like one that should be kept in the family. On a wild high side you might see 300-500 bucks and then a cool machine is gone.