Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
sammiefish

simplicity > AC part # X-ref

sammiefish
Has anyone put the X-ref tables into an Excel spreadsheet. My issue is that with the AC 300 I have no Simplicity counterpart manual to start from.... I would like to start with AC #s and cross to Simplicity... (for implements, parts etc.) but it is difficult... In Excel we could sort on anything... ?? I just tried.. but without tabs or comma delimiting Im not having much luck... Or, does anyone have the raw data in txt format with commas or tabs separating data fields?? anyone? Thanks

UCD
There is no direct cross from AC 300 & 400 To Simplicity. There Are no Simplicity counterparts for the 300 & 400 Allis Chalmers. Tillers, snow blowers and front plows were basically the same. The way they attached to the tractor and driven were different. Size and shape of hitch points were different different. Mower Decks were completely different. 300/400 decks are right discharge, clockwise rotation and driven with a mule drive from front of engine. Simplicity decks are Left discharge, counter clockwise rotation and driven from center PTO. To use Simplicity tillers & snowblowers you need the correct hitches and drives to modify them to work on the 300/400. The hitch setup for the front plows where they attach to the 300/400 tractors are completely different. just a few observations that can be overcome. This was intentionally done so that you could not readily switch attachments between the Allis Chalmers Corporate brands per Government regulations at the time 1972-73-74.

Chris727
I had been cataloging parts at a dealer. They were an A-C dealer and did not sell the Simplicity line, many parts had AC #'s and I needed to cross them to Simplicity. I used Kent's tables in the parts cross reference section but as he notes they are in order by Simplicity # so I had to go through all ten or more pages each time using the edit menu, "find on page." Of course after I spent what seemed like an eternity doing this I found an original cross ref book at the shop in order by AC's not Simp. I know what you mean, its too bad this isn't in excell somewhere. Couldn't the data from each page be copied and pasted into excell, then sorted?

BLT
I re-catalogued all twenty six pages six years ago, offered it up, and nobody wanted it. What I couldn't do is offer 100% accuracy, but I did a random sampling of quite a few numbers and had no mistakes.