Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brent_Baumer

Vacuum / Bagger Hose / Duct

Brent_Baumer
Ever notice lawn vacs and baggers that have hoses and ducts that are taped and patched? Many owners claim that replacements are too expensive, not available, or don’t know where to buy them. I’ve been investigating and found that much of the lawn and garden vacuum hose is over-priced and/or unsuitable for longevity. I found a supplier who is extremely impressive, International Hose Supply (see link below). Bill, the owner went out of his way to help me and was patient with my many questions. The Simplicity PTO vac uses 7” suction hose, which is not as readily available as 6” or 8”. Bill made some phones calls, found different types in that size, provided me with detailed specs and prices, and advised me that the most expensive was probably overkill for my application. Thanks to Bill I am not only able to replace all the ducts on my vac, but I can install a 20’ roving nozzle for a fraction of the cost of OEM.[A href='http://www.ihozs.com/']http://www.ihozs.com/[/a]

John_RI
www.ihorz.com doesn't have 7" listed on their website. Go to the link in my original post, get the toll free number, and talk with Bill. I ordered T-7 type hose.

JeffNemes
One thing about hose when used on different applications is to make sure it will mate properly to your flange. Usually the hose slips tightly around the outside of a flange so that a "band" or "screw" clamp can secure it. In that case the flange's "outside" diameter is refered as compared to the hose's "inside" diameter. If they are both the exact same size or slightly different see if a coupler or adapter is available.

dlcentral
Dutch, This is a nice find. I am glad you shared this with us. It looks like they have all kinds of good stuff. I appreciate your help. Thanks, tips like these are allways nice to know about. Alan