Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

wrong color, right season

memphis

Yeah yeah, I know. Green is...well its not right. But when its free, it can be any color you want! Got a call, said the tractor was there for pikup. It needed a starter and was basically well used. Also, I would need to go to the customers house to pick up the rest. The rest I said? How bout a hydraulic snowblower and a solid cab with soft doors and a windshield wiper! When I went to get the tractor, they said hey it runs, drive it out! So I did...hydro, koehler, hydraulic quick connects. Runs quiet and shows 290 on the hour meter!

I don't know; JD and Kohler?????? But, for the price a great deal. ^ Want to send some of that good luck to me????? :D

You know what crazy thing I would do with that?... Id engineer a newer right hand discharge 44 or 50 inch simplicity deck to fit under that thractor and paint it yellow to match;)

Personally, I'd repair anything needed, wax up that green paint nice and shiny, and just simply detail it like you were proud of it and taking it to a show... Then sell it, maybe even throw in a free hat, and buy two or more Allis or Simplicities and keep the change for spending money... You could buy a nice PowrMax for the price people pay for 316s. Green paint, especially when real shiny must be worth thousands of dollars a gallon, because what's underneath it isn't worth what people pay for it...

very nice score. and the with the extra goodys ^. kent has the best idea 8D. and then get rid of it asap while it runs. you'll get big $ for that. green guys just aspect to pay more so dont be shy with the price.

Green, my friend, is the color of money.....and you can sell that for a LOT of it! Nice score....where are you storing it though?

quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton7016
Green, my friend, is the color of money.....and you can sell that for a LOT of it! Nice score....where are you storing it though?
Its in 'storage limbo' like all the rest until my fence is bought and installed!