Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor docs

ambler

I have sent email to Briggs to get some attachment installation docs. I think they have lost them in the move. I asked for 1691002 and 1691003 these are rear pto and rear lift docs for Sunstars. Took a while and they were able to find 1691003 but not 1691002. On the off chance I asked how I can get paper copies of manuals they gave me Here is the number for ordering manuals 1-877-249-6647

Ambler, I have the installation doc (.pdf) for the 1691010 2000 RPM rear PTO. It should be mostly the same as the 1691003 PTO. I probably also have a paper copy for the 1691003 PTO but I will need to look for it. Let me know if these would be helpful.

when you say you emailed Briggs do you mean literally?? or Simplicity..?? Do you think they might be considering exercising copyright and charging $ for reprints? Maybe I should shut my mouth

Simplicity is Briggs. As Far as Briggs is concerned there is no Simplivity other than a Brand name for their Lawn & garden equipment. Any paper manuals you order from this #1-877-249-6647 you have to pay for, always had to.

I think they must have lost a number of manuals. I was looking for a turbo kit operators/parts book but it comes up with nothing. I know the # is good becuase they have the parts breakdown on the briggs Power Portal site and they are all currently produced parts.

The reason I brought this up is we may have to help them out for our own good. Maynard I asked them for that number because I couldn't find it on the new site and some of the new guys don't know how to buy a service manual for their new rides.