Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New project, but wrong color ??? with Pics

tec2484

I have been setting on this project for about 4 years now and I finely said this is the year!!! First the story My best friend past away 5 years ago, after 4 months of helping his parents go thu all his stuff (tools, guns, toys and 15 years of collecting stuff). I ended up buying his house and a lot of tools and toys. One of the toys was a 1983 Camaro. It had not been on the road since 1992. After 17 years I pulled the gas line off the carb and cranked it over a few times, 3 squirts of varnish came out of the gas line, I dumped a couple of gallons of gas in the tank and cranked it over a few more times and presto gas came out of the line. Hooked the line back up and in 2 min it was running (it don't idle for dodo but it runs). It took me 3 days to get all the mice nests out of it but I'm going to get this done this year come he** or high water.

The amazing part of all of this is the car is very solid. There are a few rust spots and paint is faded but there is a lot to start with. Hopefully the money holds out so I can finish it this year.

nice maro. im glad to see one being saved. buddy of mine got a 86 t top with the 2.8. i got him some Z28 parts from OH. when i was down that way. I myself have a 94 firebird formula, love f bodies, great cars, and you have a good reason to fix the old maro up. good luck and happy trails.

Color is going to stay red (may get ground effects) It is a 305 4 barrel with a 5 speed stick money wise I don't think it will be to bad. (my sister runs parts for a parts store so I get parts at 5% over cost if I pay cash, my buddy next door does body work in his barn so I have help doing that) I pulled the seats and most of the other stuff out of the inside last night. Now I have to clean the carpets and get the smell out of it( dang mice)! I will get the carb kit and hoses this week and the brakes and belts next week. The little bit of body work will happen along the way, Hope to paint it in May so I can drive it down to Johns and up to Gregs for the June get togethers. Wish me lucky George