Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another 725 to add to my fleet

SimpleTom

Just drove to Illinois today to pick this one up. It was right here in the classifieds. I removed all the extras. It has a newer 8hp engine that runs great. I still had a parts tractor out back that I got the original grill from and I will be putting the pto back on it also. Before:

After:

Tom

Thanks guys. It sure made a difference. Matt (Memphis) went along for the ride to pick it up. We took a slight detour on the way back. We stopped at a Mc Donalds in one town and as we stepped out of the van we noticed that there was no one else around. Only two people we saw were the people working at Mc Donalds. It felt like we stepped into the "Twilight Zone". Tom

hey nice running boards
[img]http://www.geocities.com/ja_tee/bbdpics/smiles/disgust.gif[/img]
. the first seat looked like a crapsman and the second seat looks like the same one that is on my 1967 wheel horse. where did you get that seat ?.

Perry, The first seat was a brand new replacement seat. I think I will use it on my Homelite I am restoring. The seat that is on it now came on another 700 I bought. Obviously not original to the tractor, it has one single bolt on the bottom to mount it. Tom

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
HEY! What happened to the running boards?:D
Yeah man, I mean its not a tractor without running boards.;)8D

"Yeah man, I mean its not a tractor without running boards" Beg to differ Sam. Only pansies want/need running boards. :D

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
"Yeah man, I mean its not a tractor without running boards" Beg to differ Sam. Only pansies want/need running boards. :D
:D:D:D

Looks pretty slick, what engine is in that thing? Doesnt look OEM. What did you do with the grill material you took out? If you still have it I may be interested in buying it off ya. My 725's grill is trashed :(