Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

60" left blade rotation

mendon-chalmers

Anyone know the reason for the 60" decks for the sunstars left blade turning the opposite direction? & has anyone changed it to rotate like the other 2? & is anyone using the MEG-MO after market system since gator blades are not available?.

Mine also has one turning backwards. The dealer said that some of the early ones had all three the same and it would create so much wind force towards the discharge that the left blade would miss the grass cause it was blown down. I use simplicity blades so can't help you there.

I think Al told us once why it has the opposite rotation, but I quite frankly don't remember the reason. Maybe he will refresh it for us. I've not had a reason to try anything but the simp. blades. I use mine like a brush hog, in some pretty large brush. If the tractor will push it over, that deck will munch it up. :D

Hi from tuck The left blade counter rotation is to prevent plugging of grass in wet conditions. When it discharges it blows forward not back and building on rear corner That's the factory*s storey