Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

help, my allis is making a bad sound

my b-10 allis chalmers is making a big poping sound when ever you let out the clutch. it does it in all gears, it does it when you dump the clutch or it does it when you let the clutch out easy, once it is going it has great power, it makes no noise what so ever. what do you think it is.

Hi, Your clutch pulley has the outside flange loose for a cushion start. Inslde this is a nylon strip [Bearing] and on the outside behind the steel plate a round nylon disc [another bearing] suspect these are bad or missing. Good luck Al

More on what Dlc and Al stated if you are missing one or both of those bearings it will let metal touch metal and you will get a chattering "loud" noice with some vibration to go along with it when you hear the noice. This is the pulley with the belt that runs off the bevel gear box "small one with bolts in the center of it" then back to the trans. Best, >>->happyjack<-<<