Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Can't stop getting tractors?

Ryan

I picked up another garden tractor today. It's a 3314H with a 654 tiller with extended tines. Traded a junk sears 11hp, 36" cut for it. That makes #5. I have a B110, Big 10, 3212v, 3314v, and now a 3314h. When does it stop? It seems like I have to have every one I come across. The 3314h is missing the pto assy. Is it the same as the 3314v? What fits? Ryan

Ryan, you got the fever bad. I stopped on the way to Fairbanks today cuz I saw a tractor in use along the highway. Ole man had a 12 horse j.c. penny he got off his neibor for 700. Not a bad looking ole tractor early 70's he thought, wouldn"t trade my b112 for it. But he told me about a yellow one he saw in North pole so I had to detour and check it out. I've heard of a few ole A.C. around there, turned out to be a very trashed out cub still worth 500 to the owner, had it runnibg 2 years ago. Proud of myself, he still wants 500 for it. Don't believe there a cure for the fever, we just gotta live it...MPH

Where are you guys getting all this good stuff ? I look and look but don't see an abundance of these treasures. Maybe I look in the wrong places or maybe Massachusetts is the wrong place ? Has anyone ever scored a deal junking machines for a dealer ????????

Once you start buying Simplicity or Allis Chalmers tractors you can not stop buying them.Here in Ontario,Canada these tractors are harder to find.[A href='http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/falls/5395/index.html']http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/falls/5395/index.html[/a]

Yep,You guys have the fever bad.There is no known cure that I have heard of.I too am a victim.Three weeks ago I traveled 50 mi.to look at a 101 that the owner assured me had a perfect bevel gear trans.Turns out that his idea of perfect and mine are a bit different.But the old girl had a complete hyd.lift and the engine had compression.You guessed it,she followed me home.It will make a good retirement project.So you see there is no cure. Last week I thought I saw a bit of yellow peeking out of some weeds.I may have to check today.Hmmmmmmmm??? Keep them running, Jim

Hey SmilinSam, I like your new name and I think it goes right along with happy :) You won't by change have a gas tank for my HomeyLite would you??? I still think you have the best idea and I would try it myself but to run an ad around my ranch would cost an arm and a leg to "boot" not to mention the $$ I would spend on tractors. Really now there are some that do what you do and really make a killing and actually run full time bussiness's in doing so. One guy I know has a contract with most of our tractor dealers to buy all there used stuff and also runs an ad.You should see his place now sense he had to move everything to a closed up A&W he really has a neat place including curb service ha :) Keep Smilin......Ok....And I will stay happy :) Take care all, >>->happyjack<-<<

I made my rounds the other day andl located four tractors, now I'm trying to deceide which to buy, if not all.

Ha I thought I had it bad, but reading you guys stuff just makes me feel more like part of the gang. But I think Sam has it worse then any of us him running an ad in his local newspaper "can you imagine" and then to run out of funds $$ on top of it all ha ha :) Well I will tell you what slowed me down was losing 6 in a garage fire it kinda dampens ones spirts for a hot thing for a while ha :) like I said for a while and then back at it again "well maybe". >>->happyjack<-<<

Hey Jack! In the last six weeks I 've picked up 8 tractors, 3 decks, 3 snowblowers, 2 blades, 2 engines, and if you count the Wheel Horse stuff add another tractor, blade, and get this, a Bachtold weedmower attachment for a old Wheel Horse! I'm on a roll ! And best of all sales are still ahead of purchases One bad thing, however, I have a lot of work piling up here. I keep telling myself I can quit anytime but I hav'nt bothered to try yet. Sam

The other day I discovered I had "Tractor Radar". I was driving along a country lane and noticed a kind of abandoned looking property............then the orange and white appeared......nope, no anti-lock skid marks, but close..........I can only figure a mid-80's.........................yes, it's bad Ryan,.......run while you can. Terry

Ryan, if you are talking about the center PTO, yes the 3314V and 3314H are the same. The best of my knowledge the cone clutch started with the 3400 series. Good Luck Mike S. P.S. The temperature of my tractor fever is 7.

Got a 7014S gave to me and joined the club and everyone helped me get it running. Would like to thank everyone agin I am hooked know got 3 tractors know. It must be in the water.

Yes, I too admit of the "Tractor Fever", I am 15 and already have 10 Ac/Simplicity garden tractors, My last deal was 3 and a half hours away for a good 3415 Hydro, My father says that I really need to get my license and a trailer so he doesn't have to drive ;-) Oh well, it gets the best of us!-BradW

Brad, Good---great to here of a young man besides my 2 sons who have now gone off on thier own, who has his head on right. Keep it up.......MPH