Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
wiggleboy123456

landlord 101 NO SPARK HELP!!!

wiggleboy123456
Hi guys, I have a landlord 101 and I broke the drive bolts. I pulled the flywheel and drilled out the broken pieces and fixed that. When I put it back together I had no spark. I got a new plug, points, condenser, and coil. Still no spark. I have the bare wire from coil to ground. the big wire to plug and the insulated one to the condenser. IS this the right way or did I screw up the wiring???

joshuaareed
The bare wire I believe should go to the key switch and only be grounded when you shut the key off. This may be why there is no spark because you have it grounded all of the time. just remove the wire and see if you get spark, then you can shut it off by grounding it.

dentwizz
Check for your flywheel key. I just went through a bit of a job trying to find why I had a weak spark(sometimes none) and it was a sheared key. It throws the points timing off. If the above posted wiring doesnt help, then check that.

wiggleboy123456
I put in a brand new key when I pulled the flywheel. I have the short bare wire under the mounting bolt of the coil. My ignition switch is at the points with the insulated wire from the coil. When key is in off position it grounds the points and no spark reaches the plug but still no spark??????