Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers 416

Albina

I have a chance to purchase this tractor with deck, snowblower, plow, and tiller for $2,400. I am not a collector but will use it regularly. The owner says it is in very good condition. Any thoughts? Are parts hard to find?

Even with all those attachments, sounds high to me. Don't know about parts availability but since these tractors were only made a few years, I would say harder to find than older than and newer than AC tractors that are the same as Sim. Other opinions?

that sounds high to me.for that amount of money you could get a nice older or even newer 900 series.agco918

Here's a price break down in Mi. north of Detroit. Snowblower-$300 Plow.......$2oo Tiller.....$275 Attachments$775..total used cost in my area approx.add $200-$300 depending if excellent condition to the total. $2400 Tractor 775 minus attachments $1625 for tractor alone Looks like alot of money for the tractor alone to me. Even bumping up the price for all the attachments to an even $1000 its still $1400 for a tractor that would go for about $500 to $700 in my area and that would have to include a warrenty. But then again I have seen some newer ones going for $1200 with a new rebuilt twin 16-19hp engine also. That 400 AC is a nice tractor but one 10 years newer could be had for that $1200 with mower deck. Do you even need the attachments??? This is just my opinion and prices that I have seen at my local dealership this past week. Best of luck what ever you decide, >>->happyjack<-<<