Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower Deck rollers

clarkr

Greetings, I need to replace the deck rollers on a 60" Power Max deck. Although, I've come across roller for sale, I got to believe these rollers are sold in bulk material and could easily be cut to length. My Question does anyone know of a source or manufacture where the roller stock could be purchased. ?Thanks Russ

Thanks for the welcome. That's a great idea about the PVC; but unfortunately my rollers a pretty worn out on the inside as well as the outside. Russ

Hello Russ, I was looking for an alternative for new ones for my sovereign's deck. I found rubber boat rollers at the website below. They are very hard and have a pvc bushing molded in. I talked to the owner, and he even cut them to size for me. A 2 1/2" x 12" solid rubber one was $7.25 each plus shipping. I am ready to put the deck back on tomorrow and test them. He also sells rollers to the company that makes stripers for lawn equipment. Their website is also shown below. If you have any questions you can e-mail me. Dave http://www.yatesrubber.com/Boat_Roller_Products.html http://bigleaguelawns.com

Hello again, I gave them a 2 hour test cut this weekend. They seem to work well, nice stripes, and they are quiet even when going over the driveway. They didn't load up with mud like the plastic OEM ones either. So far so good, I will keep you up to date of further test results. Dave

Sounds perfect. Do you know the inner diameter, outer diameter and length that I would need for my sunstar deck (part number 1691339 for the deck, not sure if it is the same 60" you have)

I wish I would have read this earlier. I just paid over $15 each for three. This club has so much info...Thanks to all who come up with these great alternatives.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
PN# 1678043SM ROLLER 1.017 ID. X 2" According to Jack`s website the ID. is a little over a inch.
That inner diameter does not include the bushing it rolls on. The parts list for my deck lists the bushing as a seperate part. I will probably have to go measure the bar to figure out what to order.

Not sure about a sunstar, but my sovereign's bar is 5/8" o.d. They could probably be drilled out and a bigger bushing put in if necessary.