Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help with ARK loader

john

Hi Tim, This unit had original white paint and was labled as "ARK 500 SERIES" on the right side frame. It seems to be well constructed. [maybe too well for Wards?] Thanks for the reply, Ben

What color is that loader painted? I have never heard of an ARK loader for an AC. Could it have been something Wards offered. Tim

Ben, I have an ARK 600 loader for my AC 620. I could check the hydraulic pump and see what the specs are, it might be similar to what you need. To see what an ARK 600 loader looks like go to the gallery and look for Floyd's 620 pictures or go to the AC 620 attachments page. Kraig

Kraig, Thanks for leading me to the 620 with loader picture. If you can find the time,I would appreciate any spec's available from your pump,[manufactor, model number,gpm,etc.] Thanks for the reply. Ben

ARK loaders were used on Wheel Horse tractors. I don't know when they switched to Quik-Way, the current Wheel Horse loader. I work for Toro and will see if I can find any documentation that will help you. I'll let you know if I do. Phil

Ben, I checked the hydraulic pump on the ARK 600 loader. There was no specification plate only info was that it is made by Cessna. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I did notice that the pulley on the hydraulic pump was the same size as the pulley on the engine PTO. That means that the pump is running at the same RPM as the engine. That's the only useful info I can offer. Kraig

Kraig,Thanks for the info...it's alot more than I had before. I believe the pump used on the loaders sold by Simplicity were also Cessna's. I had not thought about the pulley sizes,glad that you did. Thanks again. Ben

Kraig, The aol address works within AOL, but maybe the space between metal and mold is creating the problem? Please try: bryantglass@aol.com,sorry for the inconvenience, and I would very much like to see the photo. Thanks once again, Ben

Ben, I tried to e-mail you a photo of the ARK model 600 loader subframe showing the pump and mounting detail but I got an error. I noticed you have two addresses listed, I tried the aol address. I'll try the other one. I assumed one was a home address and the other was a work address. Kraig

Help! The new guy has a ton of questions. I have acquired an ARK 500 series front loader, that came with the wheel adaptors and rear support cross member assembly (that inserts through holes in the bevel gear housing plates) which should work on my 12 HP Sovereign 435–3012. Unfortunately, the ARK Company is no longer in business. Does anyone know where I can buy or photocopy an owner’s/parts manual for an ARK-500 Series loader? This unit has twin cylinders for the bucket and is basically all there except for the hydraulic pump. The loader frame has a mounting plate to accommodate a pump which would be positioned directly below the engine front shaft and could be belt driven direct. This unit is unlike the Simplicity loader, (which I believe used a pump mounted on the tractor's right side). The bracket has two slotted mounting holes that I think would require the 2-bolt “A” flange type pump. Can anyone advise me on the spec’s (GPM & PSI) for selecting a replacement pump to use in this type application? What is the operating RPM's for the B & S 12 HP? I am hoping that Northern Hydraulics offers a suitable unit. Any information would be greatly appreciated and in the meantime, I’m going back to sandblasting this animal. Thanks, Ben. PS. email change: metalmolder2@aol.com

Ben, I found a copy of the Operators Manual for an Ark 550 loader for a Wheel Horse tractor in our parts dept. at Toro. This also has a exploded drawing with parts list. I may be able to find other literature on this loader for you. I'll get a copy sent to you as soon as I can. In my last reply I said that Ark had become Quik-Way, that should have been Kwik-Way. They currently make our front end loaders for the Wheel Horse tractors. I'm wondering if this loader may fit my B-12. Phil