Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Auction buy

SimpleTom

I went to a local auction this past weekend. There were alot of good deals but I was low on spending money. I was able to pick this running model 19 Briggs engine with a brand new muffler.

The problem with auctions is there are so many things to bid on and if you have to save your money for something you really want you might miss out on a really good deal. I was eyeing up a wire welder, 16hp Briggs and minibike. I got outbid on all of them after this 3415S sold for $50.

There was also a Landlord 2010 parts tractor that had a good engine, trans and the hydro lift cylinder(the rest of the hydro lift was gone). It sold for $55. Didn't get a picture of it since it was down pouring at the time. Tom

Don't get deals like that around here often. I went to a sale a month ago trying to get a beat up sears 3pt drag harrow that goes behind a suburban. I quit at $50, too much for the condition. Even cheap stuff from Harbor Frieght sold for more than new, a used HF air hose reel sold for $210. My Dad just bought one for $35 on sale.

The auction is a local auction house that has farm auctions twice a year. It is located out in Mukwanago, WI. People from farms all around bring stuff in for their spring cleaning. I went to it last year and bought a bunch of tools. Tom