Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
KenW

Engine troubleshooting

KenW
Looking for ideas on possible problems on my B&S model 19 cast iron engine for my tractor. New points & condenser, rebuilt up flow carb. I don't have nuch history with the tractor. When I run it while tilling after about 15 - 20 min it starts to bog down at higher rpms..then it will run only at idle then not at all. Next morning It starts right up perfectly but acts the same again when it gets hot (15-20 min) I haven't pulled the head to see what it looks like inside. Thanks....Ken Williams

ka9bxg
bad coil I bought 4 this year happens when hot the field in the coil opens when hot I got my coils from John Smith put them on my model 14/s and 19,s they all work well now

Guest Jef
Bob, Jeff here who is John Smith and how much were the coils and can I get some from him? I need two myself. Thanks in advance. Jeff

Gabe
Hi Ken, May I suggest installing an external coil like on a kohler before tearing it all apart only to find out it may be something else. A coil for my 23D was 60 bucks! I know you can save time and money by borrowing a coil out of something else just to make sure first! I usually use the one in my pickup for testing other stuff.