Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The 700's most triumphant return

JP10

The before picture

After a little TLC and some paint

Two down

One to go

My oldest boy claimed the B-10, my youngest the 700, and they both agree that I get the pile of parts left in the garage to make mine. Go figure. J-P

Very nice work looks great. Couple of good looking boys you got there as well who sound like they have you figured out already. That will definitely keep you on your toes for the next 10 to 15 years.

I'd say more like a LOT of TLC into both those tractors, but they sure do look great. Hope you got them two boys "helping" you work on their tractors, even if it does take twice as long to get anything done.sm01

Excellent work! I really enjoy looking at all the pics of these restored beauties. Fine work - you and the boys should be proud.

Great job! I have a few of those to restore. Did you get the seat recovered? Tom

They sure look nice! I wish they would have made the hood open up on the B 10 like on the 700.

J-P, Don't give up on the rear lift. I will get it to to you. That is a great job that you did on the 700. Makes me want to work on mine. By the way, the Pioneer Tractor show is July 17, 18 & 19. Those tractors will make a fine addition to the display. Mark your calendar.sm01sm01 Jim

Tom, Yes, I did get a new seat,it was the one thing I had to splurge on. When I took the old one off the seat pan the bolts snapped off in the rotten plywood underneath, it also had a nasty rust stain that I couldn't remove either. I am almost done with the 32" deck and will begin using it as my grass cutter for the year. I have 42" decks but like the shorter deck, more time on the tractor for mowing.:D Jim, No rush, it will be good to see you when you make it up this way. I'll try to keep the calender open. Thanks everyone for your kind replies. I didn't know anything about these tractors a year ago due to the fact that I moved to PA from Arizona, not a lot of mowing or snow blowing in the desert. They do multiple fast.

Tom, I got the seat done at a local auto upholstery shop in Erie, Pa. Just showed them what I had and they said no problem. The seat on the B-10 was done by Mary Gearheart, her info is located in the parts/manual section under A/C seat cushions, all under the Simple Tractors heading above. She did a great job. J-P

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Hope you got them two boys "helping" you work on their tractors, even if it does take twice as long to get anything done.sm01
I agree, if they claimed them they should start to learn how to maintain them also, and as Marty said , even if it takes twice as long because it will be time well spent.

The boys help out as much as they can, the oldest is very willing to learn, the youngest is still in the destructive stage. Boys will be boys.crk8

"......the youngest is still in the destructive stage" Hey, I resemble that remark 666 Seriously, nice machines! Good luck with them and the boys!

Your boys have good taste and at least you
quote:
the pile of parts left in the garage
have something to start with^

Brenda, I'll have you know that there is a fine Landlord, fresh from my barn, hiding in that pile. I can hardly wait to see J-P work his magic on it.:)dOd