Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

More breaking News... Going down the Dark Side

SmilinSam

Yep Its hard to believe But I gone and done it I bought a John Deere ......to use ! yellyell:O:O:Oyellyell

Begs the question, why... needed to see what the common folks drive so when you go back to the Cadillac you appreciate it more? :D

We are unable to evaluate the seriousness of this latest allegation without suitable pictures.:O

So you need incriminating hard evidence... That will have to wait till its delivered next Saturday. A good friend of mine let me have a project at his cost. The 314 Deere needs an engine overhaul , or a replcement. Runs good but smokes. No deck , not going to mow with it by any means In my defense, all I will say is .. Does the name "Johnson Workhorse" mean anything to anyone?8D:D

I'm fond of the JD 314, 316 and 318. Had a 317 once upon a time, the tractor that caused JD to tell Kohler to take a hike.... KT17 Series I : thumbs down

quote:
Originally posted by OrangeMetalGuy
The green paint is what holds it together :D
LOL:O:O:D:D

quote:
Originally posted by MDB
Sam, Paint it John Deere New Construction Yellow. It will look lots better that JD GREEN :D:D
Now thats an interesting suggestion! An industrial theme I will have to give that some serious consideration. Though, its main use is going to be scooping manure:p

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam [brits main use is going to be scooping manure[:p]
Nothing scoops poop like a Deere!

Better yet paint it "Highway Orange", almost a kissin' cousin of the infamous Simplicity orange. I have seen some municipal equip by Deere painted that way. Only a thought.

I'm liking the idea of the yellow paint, sort of what Brent did on his deutz-allis green to yellow RBT. You said "doing it at this cost"? Did he take a loss selling to you, or is he funding the project with you doing the work for him? Scooping manure? Another sideline your getting into? :D

quote:
Originally posted by GregB
I'm liking the idea of the yellow paint, sort of what Brent did on his deutz-allis green to yellow RBT. You said "doing it at this cost"? Did he take a loss selling to you, or is he funding the project with you doing the work for him?
Like me he sold parts and tractors on EBay, only John Deere, and like me has grown tired of it. So he is thinning out his supply of projects and parts taking up excessive space. So he sold it to me for what he had in it rather than work on it. If I ever sell it, I'll return the favor and offer it to him for whatever I end up having in it.
quote:
Scooping manure? Another sideline your getting into? :D
Just one of the many sh** projects on the wifes list;):D

Those kind of Sh$$ projects are why her four legged creature stays elsewhere, with others of its kind.;) After being told by all "we will take care of the dog", I was kind of leary having something larger here. Besides the alleged fact that you can't just have one horse in the stables, they need a herd. :O

We repaired a 314 last year for a customer. It needed a lot of work and the parts are pricey. Overall it's not a bad machine and if you get it running well it will fetch some pretty good dollars which can be used to purchase a more sensible machine. We have a JD in the works right now which should have been done and gone by now but we parked it on the lawn and couldn't find it until the first snow. The Kohler is easy to work on, the rest of the tractor can be somewhat of a pain.

quote:
Originally posted by GregB
Those kind of Sh$$ projects are why her four legged creature stays elsewhere, with others of its kind.;) After being told by all "we will take care of the dog", I was kind of leary having something larger here. Besides the alleged fact that you can't just have one horse in the stables, they need a herd. :O
Heyyyy.. Its nice to know I aint the only one wearin these shoes8D

So, my guess is that a loader is on the tractor, and will be removed and installed onto some sort of orange tractor. Am I on the right trail? Or, will the green one just be a loader tractor? 314's are OK. From the above comments, must be some people here don't buy any new factory parts for their Simplicity tractors. JD isn't any more out of line on parts pricing than any of the others - often much more reasonable. Tim

quote:
Originally posted by TimJr
So, my guess is that a loader is on the tractor, and will be removed and installed onto some sort of orange tractor. Am I on the right trail? Or, will the green one just be a loader tractor? 314's are OK. From the above comments, must be some people here don't buy any new factory parts for their Simplicity tractors. JD isn't any more out of line on parts pricing than any of the others - often much more reasonable. Tim
Yep, on it and even made and factory engineered for it. I'm going to save myself somework and leave it on the 314. However, developments in the last two hours are going to see the tractor itself revamped a little. I just talked with another friend, who happens to be a relative of the guy with the tractor. We were talking and he tells me he just got a couple of cubs to part out. One of them is a Super cub with power steering. We talked and when he gets to it I am going to buy the power steering and hydraulic parts along with the front axle and wheels and swap them into the Deere.dOd So not only will I be using a Deere, but a Deere infused withCub Cadet partsOOyell