Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

correct pto mower belt routing on simplicity 700

simplejim

does anyone have a picture or the correct belt routing from the pto to the mower deck for the simplicity 700.mine is rubbing the bar that goes across the rear of the deck and im not sure what is wrong.it looks like the pto can only mount in one spot and the drive pulley on the deck is as high as it can go.its a 42 inch deck.i couldnt find and pictures/diagrams.

I am not where I can send pictures but I have a question. Is the belt rubbing hard or is it just brushing the crossbar in it's oscellations as the load changes. A long belt like the mower drive belt produces a rather large wave that will brush against and polish the paint off the cross member. This is not at all abnormal.

thanks for the input Phil.i think you may be right as i rechecked it and mowed a pass with it and ran into a broken bolt that let one side of the roller fall back and since its a welded bolt i put it up for the evening.i will have to drill it and replace the bolt then i'll try it again hopefully.

All my mower decks on the wonderboy 700s have wear spots on that bar I know when we got our firt one in the early 60s the paint was rubbed off

The picture is not too clear in this but here is the manual for the mower 990885 which should be close enough for your use. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8arL0rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

There are a couple configurations with the crossbar/bail assembly. I had an interaction with mine where the crossbar was too high. I had another deck laying around and noted the difference. Switched the crossbars and it works fine. It should be noted though that the mower should not be run when raised as it will rub heavily on said bar when it is other than normal height.