Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
LesH

Simplicity 7016 Tractor Question--

LesH
I am working on my Simplicity 7016 hydro. I got the engine going fine, moved the hydro lever forward and reverse, no movement. Woops, forgot to pull up the "roll" bracket under the seat. Both were stuck in the down position. I freed one up using PB Blaster, but the other did not free itself. To remove the valve you must first remove the bracket. The bracket is held in place by 2 screws-- they look to be outside torx style??? Does anyone know what kind they are??? Why did they use that type of screw???

OrangeMetalGuy
Try leaving a little Blaster on the top around the pin. Then after a while, take a pick or something and continually push the pin down and let the spring push it up, even if only a tiny bit. Keep working it up and down a bunch of times. That's what I did, and mine now pop right up when the engine runs and the pump is engaged. Good luck.

Vassal
LesH, I just looked at my 7016H and the bolts on the bracket are not inverted Torx, they are 12 point. A standard 3/8" 12 point box end wrench or socket should fit fine. The 12 point head allows a wrench etc. to be indexed at twice as many angles as a standard 6 point hex - oh joy.

GregB
If you do pull the stuck valve, I and others have had success using a pin punch from the botton and gently tapping the pin to the up position. Solvent or PB Blaster should disolve the gunk that is binding it up.