Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

my allis b-112 hyro lift leak

ffdjoe97

Hello, i am new!! last year i was given a Allis Chalmers B-112 W/ hydrolic lift. I got tractor running great. It has a 16hp motor and on lid it says 12hp I guess motor was replaced. All works well except for the hydro lift leaking. I had the piston repacked and still leaks now it looks like its leaking from the pump. but still operates awesome. and 3rd gear and reverse has no pulling power is this normal. i also have a rear tiller and snowblower for the tractor. Thanks, Joe

Welcome Joe. You will make lots of friends here and receive a lot of support. Post some pics of your first tractor!

Welcome Joe. We have had some members post several helpful topics on rebuilding these pumps and the kits are still available. I think you may need to be a paid member to access the forums of the club where this information is posted. As for the lack of power on the gears, you should have no trouble turning the wheels in any gear. You most likely have a belt wear issue or corrosion blocking the free travel of the idler allowing the belt to slip under load. Should you decide to become a paid member I'm sure you'll find it a worthy asset to your tractor needs. Even if you don't, welcome.