Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

Might buy this tractor - need some advice!

grnlark
Good morning folks, I came across this tractor a day or so ago and toying with the idea of grabbing it. I'm not really a Simplicity guy, so my level of knowledge is limited. Can anyone tell from this (blurry) picture what model this tractor is? Supposedly it runs and drives just fine with no smoke. What should it have for a motor? There are no other implements, just the snowblower - which I have NO interest in. Would anyone be interested in the blower if I bought the tractor? What should something like this be worth? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Matt

SmilinSam
Could be a 101 10 hp, or 2010 10, hp or 2012 12hp. If it hasnt been painted over should be printed on the hood top if its a 101, and on the sides if its a 2010 or 2012. Its got ag tires and headlights which is a plus to me. If I were looking to buy and it were a good running machine with a tight bevel gear box, I wouldnt want to spend more than $200-$300 for it. That it does not have a deck really hurts its sellability though, so around $200 would be better to me for a 1965-1967 tractor.