Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
gilbert

weed cutter 370

gilbert
I bought the ever rare front mounted weed cutter from Lloyd Boy i Coloma WI a few weeks ago. My intention is to use it against a large stand of Japanese Knotweed. The original design had it mounting to a 101 or 2010 type tractor, with a front belt PTO drive. But my tractor is a AC 916H. So the point is to find a belt that makes it to the center PTO drive. I am using my snow blower mount and belt, just a few inches too short. Any one done this one before, any ideas?? Earthdog Gil Spring Green WI

CarlH
Ambler, I believe Sam's adaptation ran off the front PTO not the mid PTO. Dutch had a intermediate pulley setup that might, with suitable adjustments, work from the mid PTO.

SmilinSam
I used a electric clutch mounted to the front of my Kohler and then altered the engagement hitch on the mower to be like a 7000 series snowblower hitch, ie full time spring loaded tension rather than on/off. Then just turn it on and off with the electric clutch. I think you might have problems if you try to drive off a lo9ng belt using that type blower hitch as the driove pulleys for the mower are oriented horizontal while the pulleys on the blowers are oriented vertical.

gilbert
Well I did get it together with the mid PTO. Used the 148 snowblower belt and adjusted the pulleys. Gave it a trial run last night. Will do a trial run on the knotweed today.