Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

That was close

FiremanRon

With all this warm weather we have been blessed with, I couldn't resist any longer. Thursday I took the snowthrower off, and rolled the bumps out of the yard. Then I find out there is a winter storm warning for Satarday. So, Friday I have to move the snowthrower back out and put it back on. Luckily, I only pulled the pins and dropped the big pieces. I left the weights and lift lever bolted on. Satarday, the snow started, and by Sunday morning, we had 4-6 inches, with some good sized drifts. I guess the moral is, leave the snow thrower mounted untill the grass is tall enough to mow.

Yup - guaranteed to snow if you cheat trying to take it off before spring. If you left it alone the storm would have passed by :) We even had snow on April 1 one year!

It doesn't hurt to try to cheat winter,however spring starts on Mar.21 not too far away, And yes it does snow in Apr. sometimes but doesn't last very long.Where are you in Ohio? We only got about 3" of rain here in SE NY.[just think if THAT was snow!-30" or better!] dlc

As long as my blower stays mounted after March 1, upstate NY is guaranteed mild weather afterwards. If it comes off beforehand, we get snow. Weird.

30 miles east of toledo, you must live around port clinton. sandusky area... I grew up in Bowling Green but now hail from N. brookfield ma. were you around during the blizzard of 78? now there was some drifts!