Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

grass was getting a little tall

nateb17010

well sense the 97 simplicity kohler died last year. so old trusty had to come out and get the deck under it. the tiller came off and looked for a belt. found one and the next day I had a hour to mow until it was to rain. well I almost got it done, before it rained. but I did finished, little wet, mower dirty, it was just a good day.

now all I have to do is just trim by the way my GF asked me to mow I told her I slept late and I didn't mow Saturday is her little girls b-day and Sunday is mothers day so it need to be done. so HAPPY MOTHERS DAY on Sunday to all the mothers out there.

What is the cage in the middle of your garden for? Is that for your climbers: cucumbers, snap peas, etc? If so, that is a dog gone good idea! If no, please enlighten us....

Simpleton7016: why yes it is, also so that the deer the neighbor feeds from feeding on my tomato and pepper plants. but my two dogs help out as well. Simplicity85: ya especially sense the blades were rusty and it has been sitting around for the last 4-5 years. threw it under, put the belt on and went mowing. man they made thing to last back then.

After our 6 days of rain in pa, our grass was that way too. It was right on the edge of the 9hp capability but it did it. Only the dandelion slime slowed it down. Sure gets messy on the machine afterwards, huh?sm00