Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

yardman lt 14-42

dred13

I just picked this yardman lt 14-42 up from my old reserve unit. The belt was broke and dicarded. I went to a tpc power center and the people at tpc said that without the old belt they can't help me with getting a new one. Does anyone know the size or part # for the belt so I can get the mower going again this yardman is about a 90 or 91.

simplejim
Dred13,go MTD's website,take the numbers off your tractor and you can get manuals and other info for your mower,also you might try mytractorforum dot com once there go to the garden tractor subforum then to the MTD forum.

goatfarmer
You also might take a piece of rope, and run it through the pulleys, to approximate a size.

The tricky thing with the mtd variants is the belt mule-drive is a swing mounted system. The belt has to have a precise amount of slack to engage just right. Any mower dealer who deals with MTD/Cub/Briggs should be able to look it up if you bring in model and serial numbers. Sometimes you can even have Lowes hardware stores look up that family.