Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC_B-1Novice

Where to buy new belts for 54 inch deck

AC_B-1Novice
I'm sure you all know the best place to buy belts, can you tell me where to get them at a reasonable cost? Part Number 754-0642 Thanks

OrangeMetalGuy
That doesn't look like a Simplicity part # to me... and everything I've read says to use genuine Simplicity belts. I'd either find a dealer (bring your deck model # with you) or buy online.

AC_B-1Novice
Sorry guys it is for another tractor that I have but I thought a supplier of belts would have something for most tractors. If not I'll try more searching. Thanks

drewa10
I think you have an MTD part number? What I've done in the past was look at Jacks to get the belts size. Tractor Supply (TSC) has Kevlar belts at a very reasonable price which I've had good luck with.

AC_B-1Novice
UPDATE I found the belts at RKO $59.99 TSC $65.99 but I also found the same belt brand new (OEM) on ebay for $33.00 including shipping. You are right, a couple of years ago I bought ( at my wife's urging) a 23 horse Huskee. I won't do that again. The 54 inch deck just won't stay free of build up even with the so called hose connections and it just blew the belt. Thanks for the info guys. larry

drewa10
Hmmmm... there must be a difference in the decks. I use ( :(! don't scold me) a Cub with 23 H.P. and 50 inch deck. For me it has worked great. A big plus it is designed to mulch .. you have a block for the discharge chute. I have lots of trees and in the fall I mulch everything with no raking. A dirty job but it saves wear & tear on me!

AC_B-1Novice
I actually think the smaller decks clog less. I just can't seem to get by with that hose cleaner. I have to pull the deck about every 2nd or 3rd mowing and clean it out. Also they routed the throttle cable right over the exhaust pipe and it melted the part of the cable that is to be held in place by the metal wrapping and I have to push the cable by hand in order to get it to go to idle. I will probably try to re-route that cable when I replace it. larry