Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New to me B1

Simpleton7016

I picked this up today and learned that yes indeed, tractors do fit in the back of minivans. This opens up a whole new world of opportunities. I have never seen one of these in real life before, only pictures. I guess I am curious how much of this is original. Typically, I pressure wash machines right away, but this even has the original "patent" sticker above the actual serial tag. Are the front wheel hub covers original? Is that dash all original? Wasn'the B1 supposed to have the special "T-style" hood bolts? This one does not. I picked this up a few miles from my in-laws place. It could have been a good excuse to stop in.....but nah! Anyway, that territory is usually "SimpleTom's" turf, and I felt a little bit like I was trespassing. After loading it all up and driving home, sure enough, I saw Tom on the side of road raising his leg high near the street sign - marking his territory no doubt! :O
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/AllisChalmersB1-1.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/AllisChalmersB1-2.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/AllisChalmersB1-3.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/AllisChalmersB1-4.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/AllisChalmersB1-5.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/AllisChalmersB1-6.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/AllisChalmersB1-7.jpg[/img]

That is about as good original B-1 I have seen. Does it have the engine? Only thing I see out of place is the toggle switch on the dash. Dust caps are correct on front wheels. Nice savedOddOd

Cool...yes, they do still have the engine, but it is way up north in another town. They are going to try to get it to me in the future.

Nice B-1 score Erik. The hood should open like on a 725/700. No hood bolts needed. Mini Vans are pretty handy rigs. Miss my old Ply.

I've got one here if you need one for reference...or if you decide to sell that one! ;)

I'm sure your wife is jumping for joy, or reaching for her knife sharpening equipment ;). jh

One single tractor John? Nah, I just called it a Mothers Day gift and she didn't bat an eye. ^

WOW! that is a nice B-1.:O that grill is sweet also 8D. no need to restore that. keep it the way it is and in dry storage. dont let them forget about the engine ;). replace the toggle swith with a key switch. yes mini vans are great, i inherited my wifes old one this year ^.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/MYDC0002-2.jpg[/img]

Very nice Erik! Yea, I can't believe that you wandered into my territory again. :(! If you look closely at the front wheel you will notice that I marked that one already. You might want to pressure wash it before touching it. :D Seriously though all I would do to that tractor is pressure wash it and maybe even give it a coat of wax to bring out the paint shine. Obviously installing a running engine would be a plus! :D Tom

Wow that's nice!dOd I can't get over the condition of the grille, must have had a carefull operator.

Boy, I remember when Joe chopped up that Twin Twenty a few years ago. It caused quite a stir and I am sure many have still not forgiven him. I suppose my name will be mud if I chop this thing up hey?:D After my 7000 series (with bucket lights), the B1 is my second favorite model. Still, I am a collector (with a small "c" like Sanford and Son), but not a "Collector" (with a capital "C" like a museum curator). If I can recover the original engine and get it running, I can try to keep this and use it as my spare mower. But the problem is that I do not have any spare parts for it to keep it going in the event of break down. It really is not practical and I don't have a showroom to display it. If I did, I would be kicking myself for seling that original cab for it last fall. My gut tells me it is going to have to go.....and so does the wife. :)

Great score! She's a KEEPER! Wow, you guys are hauling tractors with mini-vans:D:D awesome! Finally, there's a real good reason to own one of them turds.

I would love to find one of those around here, if you sell it at least sell it as a complete chasise, not in pieces.

A few years ago I sold a pair of department store brand riding lawn mowers to a guy from Chicago that brought a minivan to pick them up. We crammed them in along with a couple other things like a dozer blade and walk behind snowthrower. He couldn't close his back door all the way. It was open about 1 foot. He strapped it to the bumper.

Great Find! And i defiantly would leave as is and give good cleaning and waxing!