Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
actrac

AC 916H Rear tiller install

actrac
Anyone have a picture of a 36" tiller mounted to there 917H tractor? I'm trying to get one mounted and it seems to be unclear on parts breakdown. I need the idler arm assy #1657777asm to proper hook up and run I guess, will post in want adds for that,Thanks for help,Spike/CT

Simpleton7016
yep....you need those idlers. However, though I did not take pictures, it IS possible to use the bolt holes on the left side of your rear hitch to fab a set up. My brother had one set up like that and it DID work. I think you just use a long bolt with spacers in one of the middle holes of the rear hitch, and attach your v-pulley (4.5 inch diameter maybe??) spaced out a few inches and in line with the pulley on your tiller and the one on the BGB. Then, you also use a long bolt and your flat idler pulley through the hole that the seat actaully mounts to. Line that up also. Is it the correct set up? No, it is a total Mickey Mouse jobby. But those idler pulley's fetch between $100 and $200 on e-bay. If only there were some member (ahem Shaun) with a machinst who could replicate these brackets.sm01

RayS

Here is one that I made. Getting ready to make a couple more for my revitalizer and another tiller. Makes you wonder when someone sells a tiller why they don`t include the idler pulleys. I see alot of tillers at swap meets without them.

UCD
The Idler setup is not available as a complete kit but the individual parts are available from a Simplicity Dealer. Though the parts are not cheap they are in most cases cheaper than what the used ones bring on ebay.

Brent_Baumer
I knew I had posted this before several years ago:
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/Brent_Baumer/tiller1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/Brent_Baumer/tiller2.jpg[/img]

Brent_Baumer
Biggie*Rat used to have several of the idler setups on the shelf at his place that he had duplicated (non-OEM). I haven't been over there in awhile though to know if he still does. Might PM him.

actrac
Thanks for all the info friends. I have this PTO set-up for what was suppose to be 400 series tractor, but I believe it is for earlier B series because I cannot find it pictured in 400 series parts book. I would like to trade for proper bracket for my 917. I have purchased pulleys from Brenda@ SLI already, all I need is bracket. I guess I could fabricate my own, but prefer not spending time on that right now, as I need to till garden NOW!, Thanks, Spike/Chris/CT. PS will put pic's on here of PTO for tiller I would like to trade.

actrac
Here are pictures of Tiller parts I have. Can anyone ID what is here? I will trade off anything for the proper idler arm assy bracket.Thanks,Spike/Chris/CT Edit links deleted Non paying users are not allowed to post pictures or links to personel pictures