Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
lilbucksht

System 7010

lilbucksht
Hi, Brand new here and I have recently been bitten by the tractor bug. My brother in law told me years ago about Simplicity's history of quality and longevity so I bought a new Broadmoor a few years ago and have not been disappointed. A gentleman I know in my neighborhood aquired this old Landlord a year or so ago and I finally talked him into selling it to me for $175.00 with roto-tiller and mowing deck. So how did I do? Looking forward to hear it run, currently it has no spark. Here is a picture. Edit Non paying members are not allowed to post pictures or links to personal pictures.

OrangeMetalGuy
You did great! That's a great price for that tractor, especially considering the attachments. Looks solid and clean. A little TLC and it'll be running like a champ. I'm sure some of the folks here can help you troubleshoot the ignition issue. Welcome and enjoy!

johnmonkey
Welcome aboard, I think you need to be a member to post pictures. It only costs $10.00 and you will make your money back in no time. I've been around since ~2000. jh

ambler
Brian, I would take an emory file (nails) to the points and then clean with a business card and see if you can get spark. put a couple tablespoons of gas in the plug hole and see if she fires.

lilbucksht
Ambler, I have been looking for the Briggs Manual for this motor but haven't found it yet. Just that it is a 243431. If you or someone could lead me to it so I can see a few pictures I would like to give it a try. Thanks, Brian