Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gator Blades

Brettw

A little help here guys? Where is the best place to purchase a set of gator blades for a 48" deck for a 7114, and about how much should they be? Thanks in advance!

Brett, I think i paid $80 or $90 for a set a few years ago. I submitted a post once they were installed comparing the clipping to those of regular blades. However, if I enter any "keyword" into the above search function, I get timed out. I am still unclear if my system is the problem, or if there are server problems....but just in case it is the former, do an archive search for "Gator Blades" and enter me as the author. It was definitely in the time span of 2006-2007. Sorry I can not be of further assistance, but in that post is info about company's that carry them, etc. PS, I like them alot!

My 42" gators were about $45 from my local guy, I like the factory blades better, the gators are a little bit thicker but there is little difference in cut, if anything it is worse on my lawn.

I bought from jacks before http://www.jackssmallengines.com/gatsim.cfm It comes to forty something plus shipping.

I just got some today from https://www.mowpart.com, they ship very fast and are the cheapest I have found.

Thanks all for the input so far. "Going price is about what the seller has them for on ebay". Except they talk of "new style decks". What does that mean? Secondly, I have heard people praise those gator blades to be the next messiah. Then I hear that they aren't as good as factory originals. What's the real deal? I only want the bes for ol' Betsy. ^

If you are using a vacuum attachment, then I think they are a must b/c they chop up foreing objects like twigs and keep you from clogging your shoot. If you are going to use just a plain old mower deck and no vac attachment, then the factory blades are probably fine. I never noticed any difference in the actual cut itself.