Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

725 Puller continued Update 5-18-09

SimpleTom

Got a little more done today. Still need to do the gas tank and wire it up. I am leaning toward putting the high back two piece white seat found on the 700s and early 725s on it instead of the black seat. I think it will compliment the white wheels and steering wheel. What are your opinions?

Tom

looks great tom! keep up the good work. as for the seat i say the white 2-piece one =] mike

wow...just wow. I want to hear that thing purr! I like the idea of the two piece white seat as well.

------Steering wheel is on backwards--------IMO, it's on the right way. Tractor looking real good. I'd say the highback seat, your gonna need it when you pop the clutch.;)

quote:
I am sure I am showing my ignorance but what is the left hand peddle?
The left pedal is the clutch/brake. The right pedal is now the throttle.
quote:
Steering wheel is on backwards.I bet it would be great with a tiller on it
I put the steering wheel on backwards so that I could reach it better since adding the five inches in length by using a 7000 series transmission. Also, no attachments for this baby. No lift handle or rear PTO anymore. Thanks for the comments and your opinions (except for Memphis who is just trying to be difficult). I am going to go with the white seat. Tom

Do you have a specific pull targeted and circled on your calendar? Me and the boys would come witness it and take some video if you'd like.

She's looking good! White seat for sure... I would also love to see this thing in action. It would be my first tractor pull too (honest). Please let us know if you're going to run it in the SE WI area, I'd be there!

The only thing with the seat is that depending on you pulling style, or how aggressive you will get, is that a high back or stock type seat will interfere with your body movement when trying to lean back for traction or maybe even when leaning to steer during a wheelie. Check out most NGTPA guys - they basically sit on a flat pan so they can really get body english going. The real hot rods usually don't need so much body movement - things happen too fast, but stockers and mild mods can usually benefit from the driver shifting weight around. JMO, Tim

Well, I couldn't see spending alot on a seat for the puller so I went and cut out a couple pieces of plywood and installed some nuts in them. I used the ones with the 4 spikes on the one side to drive them into the wood then I smoothed some liquid nails over them for good keeping.

But of course I wasn't going to leave them like that so my wife and I went to a fabric store and picked up some white vinyl and 3 inch dense foam and I cut out the material and she sewed it up for me. I then pulled it over the foam and stapled the material just like they did on the original seats and here is how it looks.

Tom

Great job on the seat, a very practical solution that looks awesome! I just noticed the steering wheel....did you just re-paint or is there some type of coating on it?

Great job on the seat! Tom the thing looks beautiful! post some videos of it runn now. :D

• 3 months later...
Seen this thing on saturday .Tom did a very nice job on that one .and did some really cool thing with parts that he just had laying around